We have worked at a number of UK Airports, providing turnkey best-in-class design and build solutions for our clients. And our engineers have the necessary security clearances that enable them to work airside.
Recent Projects at Heathrow Terminals 1,2 & 3
- Designed & built new Advanced Fare Machines (AFM) facilities on behalf of TFL in time for the 2012 Olympic Games.
- Installed new Energy Efficient LED Lighting at the Terminal Station as well as new Landmark Advertising Signage.
Heathrow T1, 2, 3 Temporary AFM Ticket Enclosure
In preparation for the increased passenger flow through Heathrow Airport during the Olympic Games, Delatim were contracted to construct a new temporary ticket machine room within the terminal building.
Delatim were appointed as the Principle Contractor to design and build the new AFM including all services within a very tight programme.
Delatim’s design scope included the production of a full CDS and Cat2 check and sketches prior to construction.
Installation scope for this project included;
- Principle Contractor duties under the CDM Regulations
- Construction of AFM unit – fully compliant with LUL and BAA fire standards
- LV supply to unit including all lighting and small power
- CCTV installation
- Stainless steel finishes
- Trolley Barriers
- Cladding of new AFM unit
Heathrow Airport Visitor Information Centre
The Project involved the decommissioning and removal of the existing Travel Information Centre
(TIC) and the creation and bringing into use of a new and expanded Visitor Information Centre (VIC).
The New VIC consisted of a main customer retail area with a total of 7 service desks including various leaflet / retail and flat screen information points. The existing TIC and the new VIC are located in the Ticket hall area of Heathrow 123 on the Piccadilly Line at Heathrow airport.
Delatim were awarded a design and build contract for the works at Heathrow Airport. The works involved developing a non-used area of the Terminal 1,2 & 3 station and converting the space into a new Visitor Information Centre. During the project Delatim had to engage and work collaboratively with other Stakeholders involved with the Project including BAA.
- Erection of the site hoarding
- Decommissioning and removal of the existing TIC fabric and services
- Temporary and permanent fire stopping
- Builders work openings and making good
- Removal and reinstatement of the existing ticket hall ceiling and services to allow theconstruction of the enlarged VIC
- Establishing site temporary power
- Erection of masonry and Metal frame walling
- Installation of floor and wall finishes
- Installation of false ceilings
- Installation of glass walling system
- Installation of fixtures and fittings
- Installation of retail units and displays
- Installation of all services
- Facilitate and support installation works by LU Contractors
- Inspection, Testing and Commissioning of all elements
- As built / MAID deliverables
- BIU / Delivery into service.
Bombardier – Heathrow T5
Delatim supported Bombardier in installing electrical and data cabling required to operate the Platform Edge Doors necessary for the INNOVIA APM 200 automated people mover system at Terminal 5C. The APM system was required to ensure the convenient and efficient mobility of passengers between different areas of the terminal.
Works included the following.
- Installation of LV electrical supplies to door control system
- Enabling of Leaky Feeder Radio Cabling
- Installation of data cabling from control system to door units
- Installation of new cable management systems
- Assisting Bombardier Team with testing, commissioning and delivery of vehicles into service