We are fully committed to achieving and maintaining the highest standards of Health and Safety for our Employees, Visitors and the General Public by creating a safe working environment at all times and at the same time minimising the environmental impact to employees and others caused by our works.
We aim to identify and minimise the risk of injury and health hazards of the persons who are affected by the Company’s activities and to provide the appropriate Welfare facilities that are required and identified by the Organisation, Legislation and Employees.
Our objectives are:
- To reduce by all practicable means the number of accidents, dangerous incidents, damage to property and hazards regarding Health and Safety at the place of work.
- Minimise the environmental impact by controlling waste, preventing pollution, using energy efficiently and acting as good neighbours.
In order to achieve these objectives the Delatim will:
- Comply with all the applicable laws and regulations and any other requirements to which the Company subscribes and to provide a Safe Working Environment.
- Strive to continually improve the Health & Safety and Environment performance of the organisation.
- Provide safety advice and expertise to assist all the Staff and Employees to undertake their work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Provide, develop and maintain procedures as a framework and guide for safe and responsible working practices.
- Maintain a copy of the Company Safety Policy and Company Safety Procedures that are available to all staff and whoever and require that it is properly maintained and readily accessible.
- Require all staff to be aware of their safety and environmental responsibilities, and to comply with the Company and procedural arrangements detailed in individual responsibilities.
- Require each Supervisory level to be responsible for identifying and, in conjunction with the Safety Advisor, provide relevant safety training for all operatives and staff.
- Require to give staff the necessary authority and responsibility to implement the Company Safety Policy throughout its operations.
- The Company reminds all Employees that they have a responsibility not only for their own safety, but also for that of their colleagues and others by undertaking their work in a safe and responsible manner.